Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Final Reflections

Technology changes very quickly.  There are always new gadgets and apps that are being created to meet the students' needs.. As I set out on this journey to learn more about assistive technology, I wanted to learn about correctly documenting the technology in the Individualized Education Plans and the law as it pertains to assistive technology and the special education student.  The third item I was hoping to learn about were devices for the specific needs of students.  I really liked how the book that I was given Assistive Technology in the Classroom (2012) by Amy Dell, Deborah Newton and took the approach of recommending devices for the specific needs of students, not the specific disabilities. 

I did learn everything I intended to learn from reading the textbook and the resources I was instructed to peruse.  I am now more knowledgeable about IDEA and ADA.  I also know where and how to find resources that can meet the needs of students.  I will continue to refer back to this blog as a reference for my own instruction as I get to know more and more students.

1 comment:

  1. I too enjoyed how the book gave many examples and charts. It really did focus on the specific needs of students and not on the disabilities. I agree that I will also refer back to my blog and yours as well as a great resource!

    ReplyDelete