Thursday, January 23, 2014

 This blog has been created as an assignment for a class about Assistive Technology. Its purpose is to chronicle my journey as a learner.  I am excited about this journey.  Socrates said that the "unexamined life is not worth living". Personally, I think that an unexamined world presents so many wasted opportunities. The more I learn, the more I want to learn - the more I know, the more I learn that I need to know. As a teacher, I try to instill curiosity and inquiry in my students and own children. Nine years ago, as a classroom teacher, I was assigned a fifth grade student who was reading on a pre-primer level. Six of the thirty-two students in my class had gifted IEPs and I was successfully providing differentiated instruction that met the goals and learning needs of all of these students. As a reflective practitioner, I knew that I had to learn new techniques in order to reach this particular student and others like her in the future. This experience helped me decide to earn a Masters Degree in Reading. Now, I feel that a Certificate in Special Education would be an asset, therefore, I am taking a class on Assistive Technology as part of the requirements. This Blog has been created to display my journey through the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment